Guitar Lessons Blackheath Guitar Lessons in Blackheath Greenwich Guitar Teachers
Guitar Lessons London teachers are dedicated, reliable and experienced.Lessons are tailored to the individual’s needs. All material and backing tracks are provided.
LONDON GUITAR ACADEMY cover:
- All the good stuff…. specialising in rock folk,classical and Blues
- All the basics including scales, chords, strumming, learning songs etc. etc.
- Licks tabbed out for various backings and ‘riffs of the week’ excercises.
- Technical guitar Excercises using alternate, economy and sweep picking styles.
- Improve your speed with Speed Picking, Arppeggios and 2 handed Tapping exercises
- Learn how to Improvise in any key and how to use what scales and notes over what backings.
- Theory and how to apply it practically to help understand and improve what you are playing…..
- Learn to play the Blues properly allowing youself to play beyond just pentatonics.
- Learn the 4 Different types of Blues and how to really solo over those I IV V progressions
- Unlock the mysteries of the fretboard…….no more ‘sea of notes fretboard’…. know what notes to play in any key right across the fretboard.
- The modes, not just what they are or how to play them but how to really use modes in the real world and apply them to your playing.
- Help with song writing and construction.
- Learn how to use Harmonic minor, Spanish Phrygian and many other altered scales over backings on your Flashdrive and in your own songs.
- Learn the notes in any chord and learn Chord Construction and Theory
- Learn Target note soloing, and Chordal improvisation
- Right Hand picking excercises and altered time signature practice are among other things on the menu.
- Everything you wanted and didn’t want to know about Becoming a ‘Guitar Player of Note’ but haven’t asked yet.
- Advice and tips on playing live and getting a good stage and/or bedroom sound….. Advice on gear in general and how to tweak the gear you have
5 Pedals or Less: How to sound like Sonic Youth Its funny what being branded a loser in high school has done for some of the most iconic Alt music in the game today, and the same can be said for...
Amplifiers: What do all the controls do? Amplifiers. They come in all shapes and sizes. Some have a variety of whizzes and bangs to play with on your quest for the perfect tone, others are fairly straight forward and opt to include a limited amount of features, instead relying...
Guilty Pleasures: a Brief History of Chorus Chorus. Is there a more polarizing word in the guitar pedal world? Maybe Ring Mod, but even then that’s a heavy seventy-thirty split against it. Its...
5 Pedals or Less: How to Sound Like Jimi Hendrix There are many things that make the musicians we idolize so special. We can be drawn in by their musicianship, their songwriting, or even something...
Live Lessons: 5 Tips for Better Tone Live There are endless ways to enjoy being a musician, from jamming with your friends to recording your music, even something as simple as playing by yourself...
Cheapest Possible Rig: Getting gig ready on a budget The Rig: It’s every guitar players dream. There’s an unexplainable sensation that comes with owning your own rig, a sonic freedom, a...
5 Tips for beginner guitarists! So you’ve just got your first guitar! Maybe you’re starting to...
Is there an Echo? A Brief History of Reverb Reverb, Verb, Echo. For a lot of music listeners reverb is an effect that is often overlooked, or in some cases unacknowledged. It can sit so sweetly...