- It really is all about Jimmy Page…Power,subtlety,melody, RIFFS,licks,innovation & composition.I was lucky enough to meet Jimmy in my local restaurant on Lonsdale Road London a couple on months ago & what a gentleman he was.Jimmy still has a sparkle in his eyes and was more than happy to chat about all things music.Jimmy Page was absolutely responsible for my love on power RIFFS & ROCK GUITAR.
- Here’s a little back ground and some great guitar video’s info on Jimmy……
- James Patrick “Jimmy” Page OBE (born 9 January 1944) is an English guitarist, songwriter and record producer. Page began his career as a studio session musician in London and by the mid-1960s, had become the most sought-after session guitarist in the UK. He was a member of the Yardbirds from 1966 to 1968. He achieved worldwide fame as the lead guitarist, record producer and founder of the English rock band Led Zeppelin.
- He is widely considered to be one of the greatest and most influential guitarists of all time. Rolling Stone magazine has described Page as “the pontiff of power riffing” and ranked him number 3 in their list of the “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time”. In 2010, he was ranked number two in Gibson‘s list of “Top 50 Guitarists of All Time” and, in 2007, number four on Classic Rock Magazine’s “100 Wildest Guitar Heroes”. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice; once as a member of the Yardbirds (1992) and once as a member of Led Zeppelin (1995).Guitar Lessons London…rock guitar tuition in London love’s Jimmy Pages musical creativity, blistering guitar solo’s & gargantuan ROCK RIFFS.MOST OFF LIKE ALL GREAT GUITARISTS WE LOVE JIMMY IS BECAUSE HE WRITES SUPERSONICALLY MASSIVE GUITAR BASED TUNES!
True guitar great Carlos Augusto Alves Santana (born July 20, 1947) is a guitar genius of Mexican and American roots. At guitar lessons London we love Santana…he became famous in the late 1960s and early 1970s with his band, Santana, which pioneered rock, Latin music and blues rock. The band’s sound featured his melodic, blues-based guitar lines set against Latin and African rhythms featuring percussion instruments such as timbales and congas not generally heard in rock music.During our guitar lessons @ London Guitar Academy we love to play Smooth and other Santana guitar classics
Tommy Emmanuel – Lewis & Clark
The wonderful William Thomas “Tommy” Emmanuel AM (born 31 May 1955) is an Australian guitarist and occasional singer, best known for his complex fingerstyle technique.At London Guitar Academy we love Tommy Emmanuel he has such grace and beauty when he plays. Always an absolute pleasure to here and watch the genius that is TOMMY! Tommy effortlessly manages to combine great technique with fantastic free flowing musicality that really does set him apart as both a musician and guitarist. Subtle but raw with passion and grace. Tommy really is the pinball wizard! Love Music Play Guitar!
Tommy Emmanuel – Classical Gas
Everyone would love a guitar teacher like Tommy Emmanuel
- Guitar lessons for kids
- Electric guitar lessons
- Acoustic guitar lessons
- Blues guitar lessons
- Adult guitar lessons
- Beginner guitar lessons
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Voice, Music Theory, Composition, Ear Training, Sound Recording and Engineering, Lessons for Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Professional. Face to face and Skype lessons available
Congratulations to Student of The Month Charlotte Rose for January 2013.London Guitar Academy’s student of the month showcases the very best in student talent from our London Based guitar lessons. In a matter of months Charlotte Rose has gone from being a complete beginner playing the Twelve Bar Blues,basic chords & guitar riffs to playing the world famous James Bond Theme! Charlotte Rose now plays both acoustic & electric guitar with fluid rock rhythm and precise fluid clear lead guitar lines.We look forward to a massively successful guitar year ahead and helping all our pupils achieving their musical goals.Well done Charlotte Rose.