Introduction To Fingerstyle Guitar
This brilliant course will completely change how you think about playing the guitar, and open up many more genres and styles. Learn first how to pick out simple patterns using three, four, then all of your fingers, before moving on to more complex styles, such as separating rhythm and melody between thumb and fingers. Play and learn with London Guitar Academy’s fast track acoustic fingerstyle guitar technique. With our easy nice fingerstyle lessons you can to learn quickly and effortless the finger style songs to suit your musical tastes!
Fingerstyle lessons for beginners
- Easy Travis Picking popularising Merle Travis’s picking technique that bears his name.
- Fingerstyle technique for songs like Paul Simon’s “The Boxer” Tracy Chapman – Fast Car
- The fundamentals of fingerstyle technique
- Right hand finger positioning with LGA’s Legendary & Fun Fingerpicking Patterns
- Simply finger mobility playing the corresponding bass note with your right hand thumb
- Learn fingerstyle guitar in 10 lessons
- Musical Fluency: Building Fingerpicking Technique
- Beginners Flamenco guitar finger style Carter Family picking Ragtime guitar
- North American fingerpicking tradition, blues, folk
- Kick start your guitar playing & lean some simple tricks used by fingerstyle greats
Finger picking lessons
This Finger Picking course is suitable for most guitarists, as students will only need a basic knowledge of first position chords before starting, and before you know it, your playing will take on a whole new sound. Experienced fingerstyle tutors will teach you the tricks and techniques to play in the style of many folk, rock and blues guitarists, such as Robert Johnson, John Martyn, Jimmy Page (on the acoustic!) Ed Sheehan and more.
We’ll begin by showing you the patterns and chords that make up songs such as “Scarborough Fair”, giving you the confidence to use fingers individually, and then the techniques to play intricate blues licks through steady rhythms. This is the course for you if you want to take your playing to a new level, as it is mainly based around the development of new techniques that will hugely expand your repertoire and potential.
Before long you’ll be emulating some fantastic guitarists, and playing like you’ve never played before.
Home > Guitar Lessons > Genres > Fingerstyle > Fingerstyle Guitar Hallelujah , Ode To Joy, La Bamba, Amazing Grace, Fields of Gold, Greensleeves
Fingerstyle lessons London Introduction to Fingerstyle Techniques Use your fingers to bring out the rich harmony in the songs you play. Learn essential patterns using thumb and two fingers that could be applied to lots of songs, both traditional and pop we will show you how you can easily achieve thumb and finger independence. Beginners Tips & techniques in the styles of such as Merle Travis, Ben Howard, Davy Graham, John Fahey, Martin Carthy, Jerry Reed, Tommy Emmanuel & Chet Atkins.