Eilidh McKellar is a fantastically versatile guitarist & tutor who is a championed by blues guitar great Joe Bonamassa. Eilidh highly skilled, both as a teacher and as a multi-styled player. She graduated from Leeds College of Music in 2014 with a 1st Class Honours in Popular Music (Guitar Performance) and have since toured the US as a session guitarist, played for artists signed to Warner Music, Capitol Records and Virgin Music, gaining experience in the music industry.
She began playing guitar at the age of 9 years old, with lessons over the years and a lot of self tuition she honed her craft. As a teenager she gained over 1 million YouTube views, which led her to be mentored by the American blues rock guitarist Joe Bonamassa. She performed on stage with him three times 2011-2013 at the London Hammersmith Apollo (alongside Bernie Marsden of Whitesnake), at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall and recently at Manchester Arena.
In 2014, Eilidh was invited by BBC Radio 1 to give a guitar masterclass at the BBC Radio 1 Academy in Glasgow. The event was hosted the Radio 1 DJ Edith Bowman.
- Always the caring, encouraging, and enthusiastic guitar teacher Eilidh is a first class person & musician!
- playing songs…learn to play and sing any songs
- Blues Rock Specialist lectric lead, rhythm, slide, open tunings, blues fingerpicking, and acoustic blues
- Acoustic Guitar -Travis style, classical technique, general fingerpicking, acoustic blues, open tunings
- developing songs for performance, reading music,
- digital technology to support your learning,
Eilidh is endorsed by PRS (Paul Reed Smith Guitars), one of only a handful of female artists globally.
As a solo artist, Eilidh recorded her debut album ‘Delta Devil Dreams’ in 2013 at KingSize SoundLabs in Los Angeles, California with Grammy-winning producer Guy Eckstine and top session musicians, Tim Lefebvre and Alan Okuye. Then completed a ten-date UK debut tour, with dates in London, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds and a sold out show in her hometown of Edinburgh.