Guitar Lessons Blackheath Guitar Lessons in Blackheath Greenwich Guitar Teachers
Guitar Lessons London teachers are dedicated, reliable and experienced.Lessons are tailored to the individual’s needs. All material and backing tracks are provided.
LONDON GUITAR ACADEMY cover:
- All the good stuff…. specialising in rock folk,classical and Blues
- All the basics including scales, chords, strumming, learning songs etc. etc.
- Licks tabbed out for various backings and ‘riffs of the week’ excercises.
- Technical guitar Excercises using alternate, economy and sweep picking styles.
- Improve your speed with Speed Picking, Arppeggios and 2 handed Tapping exercises
- Learn how to Improvise in any key and how to use what scales and notes over what backings.
- Theory and how to apply it practically to help understand and improve what you are playing…..
- Learn to play the Blues properly allowing youself to play beyond just pentatonics.
- Learn the 4 Different types of Blues and how to really solo over those I IV V progressions
- Unlock the mysteries of the fretboard…….no more ‘sea of notes fretboard’…. know what notes to play in any key right across the fretboard.
- The modes, not just what they are or how to play them but how to really use modes in the real world and apply them to your playing.
- Help with song writing and construction.
- Learn how to use Harmonic minor, Spanish Phrygian and many other altered scales over backings on your Flashdrive and in your own songs.
- Learn the notes in any chord and learn Chord Construction and Theory
- Learn Target note soloing, and Chordal improvisation
- Right Hand picking excercises and altered time signature practice are among other things on the menu.
- Everything you wanted and didn’t want to know about Becoming a ‘Guitar Player of Note’ but haven’t asked yet.
- Advice and tips on playing live and getting a good stage and/or bedroom sound….. Advice on gear in general and how to tweak the gear you have
Guitar Lessons in Leyton Guitar Lessons Leyton with our local tutor Peter Davies. Peter's is super passionate about the guitar and his home studio is located on Huxley Road, Leyton, London E10 5QY, a few minutes walk from Leyton tube. Get private lessons from a...
Repair log – EBAY purchase, Daphne Blue ‘Stratocaster’ assembled from parts. Owner – James Stratton, London Guitar Academy, 07957 230354, firstname.lastname@example.org Purchased for £500, estimated parts value £889.21 © Terry Relph-Knight...
London Guitar Tutors Guitar Lessons London are recognized for being a master musicians and teachers with an enthusiastic and joyful passion for playing and for teaching all ages, all...
Guitar Hub Electric Guitar Lessons Guitar Hub's guitar instructors all have the same goal in mind and that is to provide the highest quality education in a fun, energetic and welcoming environment. Our focus will be on playing a song by the end of each set of...
Repair log – 2009 Gibson Goldtop Traditional Les Paul SN 00939030, made Nashville USA. Owner – James Stratton, London Guitar Academy, 07957 230354, email@example.com Current value range - £1,104 to £1,499 in excellent condition (but with original...
Back to Basics: Counting Rhythm Hey guys, Dan here again with another mind-boggling article for y’all to wrap your ears/eyes/whatever around. Up to now, I’ve mostly done either gear based posts, or intermediate to advanced music stuff and something has occurred to me;...
Bounds Green Guitar Lessons Guitar Lessons in Bounds Green we offer private one-on-one lessons custom-tailored to the needs and goals of the individual student. Playing the guitar is a great hobby that can bring you many years of enjoyment. We guide you along your journey...
East Finchley Guitar Lessons Guitar Lessons in East Finchley with friendly, professional local guitar teachers London Guitar Academy. We teach all ages and are very experienced at teaching total beginners and making the great musicians and guitarists. Our lessons are often the...
Guitar Lessons In Brentford Learn to play guitar the smart way with super friendly professional tuition at our West London studio or via home visit in Brentford. We provide quality music tuition and coaching, helping students of all abilities to...
GIG REVIEW – DAN REED NETWORK
Currently on a short UK tour to promote the recently issued 2 CD set “Anthology” (a mix of greatest hits, b-sides and alternative versions), our London Guitar Academy reviewer Paul Wood caught the 80’s US rock funk band at the O2 Academy in Islington.
There was a pretty good crowd of DRN devotees at the Academy and the band didn’t disappoint with a barnstorming show packed with songs from their original triple album salvo of “Dan Reed Network”, “Slam” and “The Heat”.
All 5 members of the classic DRN line up were back in tow – Dan Reed on vocals, Brion James on guitar, Melvin Brannon II on bass guitar, Dan Pred on drums, and Blake Sakamoto on keyboards.
Check out the funk rock guitar attack of Brion James on “Baby Now I” (not to mention the audience vocal participation!)
And here’s the band blasting through “Come Back Baby”
Part way through there was a crowd shout for “Taming The Wild Nights” which Dan Reed said they hadn’t rehearsed but would try and play (“what key are we going to play this in guys?” “who remembers the start?”). They made it through the first verse before closing the song down. Here’s the one verse clip posted on Youtube:
After this, an onstage quip from Dan Reed of “If we played all these songs you are shouting for, we’ll be here all night” produced one of the loudest cheers of the night.
This was followed by Dan Reed saying (to another loud cheer) “I know, we’ll do the first verse of all of them!” This was followed by one verse renditions of “Mix It Up” and “Lover” before the band returned to the original scheduled set.
Here’s the band (and the audience again!) performing “Ritual”:
For the encores the band came back (Dan Reed wearing a horse’s head which he said he had found backstage and quickly took off!) and played “Tiger In A Dress” before closing the set with an a cappella style rendition (all of the band upfront on stage with their arms locked together) of “Long Way To Go”
All of the band members were clearly having a blast and there was a suggestion that they are thinking of recording new material for a new album in the near future.
This was their first set of UK dates since reforming to play at the Enchanted Festival (Stock, UK) in 2013.
The Enchanted Festival was their first UK appearance for 20 years and here’s footage of “Get To You” from that show:
If you want to catch Dan Reed later this year he will be playing a solo set at the 2nd Enchanted Festival on Saturday 11 October 2014.
Blasts from the past
Here’s the original promo video for “Long Way To Go”