When playing rock guitar… power chords are a useful too to help create a tough authentic had rock sound.Check out the Kinks you really got Me for an excellent example of early power chord use.Guitarists can use power chords In some styles of music, particularly in rock and roll,punk & heavy metal, it’s not always necessary to play a big, full sounding chord some times it’s very cool to keep it tough sounding. Often, especially on an electric guitar, it sounds best to play two-or-three note chords. This is when power chords come in handy. Built on the lowest notes of a regular open-position or barre chord in rock music to create a low sound.Power Chords are taught in our London guitar lessons and used in most styles of music but are particularly useful for rock guitar.Power chords sound sweet on the acoustic guitar and on the bass guitar. Power chords are easier to play than are their full-version counterparts and don’t contain a major or minor quality to them, so they can stand in for either type of chord. Plus, they’re loads of fun to play!
Although a power chord consists of only two different notes that are always five steps apart, such as A–E or C–G, the actual chord that you play may involve more than two strings, because you may be doubling each of the notes that make up the power chord.Use your 1st, 3rd and 4th fingers to play CHUNKY POWER CHORDS & ROCK!
- The major scale is the first of the diatonic scales
- Another name for the major scale: the Ionian Mode
- A major scale has 7 notes
- For the scale to be major, all that is necessary is that the whole step (W), (W), Half (H), (W), (W), (W), (H) pattern be followed.
The first and simplest major scale is the C major scale:
- The C major scale is the only major scale that doesn’t have sharps (#) or flats (b). We’ll see a bit further what this means.
- If you play the C major scale on the piano
- , only white notes are used (all the white notes) .
- In solfege, the notes of the major scale are named like this: Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Ti (or Si)
- Another notation that is used is the following: C D E F G A B C
- For every note of the major scale you can make a chord…..