Lead Guitar Lessons
In this course we build upon the basic principles of soling and improvisation to enhance your vocabulary with advanced techniques such as arpeggios, double stops and chord melody. Over the course of the classes we will put all these techniques into context so you will not only what to play to achieve a certain type of sound but also why it works.
Some of the lead guitar topics we cover include:
- The CAGED system and the relationship between chords and scales
- Hendrix style rhythm and lead, Little Wing, Hey Joe, All Along The Watchtower
- The Mixolydian scale
- Modal Theory, Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian & Locrian
- Double stops and chord fractions
- Arpeggios and chord tone improvisation
- Phrasing and feel
- Rhythmic and melodic motifs and repetition
- The chord melody approach
By the end of the course you will have expanded your improvisational vocabulary and be able to draw on a wide palette of sounds to adapt your lead playing to a variety of musical contexts. You also will be able to seamlessly connect chords and rhythm with scales and lead playing using techniques such as those of by Jimi Hendrix and John Frusciante. Above all you will have moved further along the road to finding your unique voice as a guitarist by developing the ability to “play what you hear in your head”. Learn lead guitar in London with guitarists who have played with musical greats!